B.A.G Films feels proud with success of Sansani
B.A.G Films feels proud with success of Sansani
Saturday - Oct 01, 2005
Televisionpoint.com Team B.A.G Films Ltd., one of the fastest growing production houses and maker of renowned TV serials today is proud for the fact that Sansani, is rated as the No. 1 show across all news channels owning 47% of market share. The programme has also bagged its three episodes last week among the Top 10.
Sansani aired on Star News made a quiet beginning in November 2004 and has completed more than 200 episodes. The programme since then has received tremendous response from the viewers. The programme launched in the midst of other crime shows, which were running on different news channels is unique due to the proactive approach adopted by the team on crime reporting and has made this No. 1 programme different from the herd. The Programme aims to create more awareness about crime by revealing the modus operandi of criminals. It also highlights the aftermath of crime in society, by bringing out the plight of the affected families. The programme not only revisits a crime scene but also recreates the actual scene of crime wherever required.
MS Anuradha Prasad, MD of B.A.G Films says, "Our priority from the beginning was to commence a reality TV show which our viewers could easily relate to. Our top priority was to make our viewers more aware and secure. We took real initiative in covering issues which were prime concern to the society at large. We have a dedicated team of more than 200 people who have always extended a helping hand to the victims of several crimes. Sansani works as it is an accountable show,"
It was for the first time in India that a crime show commenced a Help Line for its viewers. Sansani Help Line number 9818234551 gave our viewers the opportunity to tell us about any crime that was committed against them or in their surroundings. In addition to the Help Line, Sansani also provided an e-mail address to the viewer's- firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure that they write about their grievances.
MR Ajit Anjum, Executive Editor of B.A.G Films says, "We have received an overwhelming response from our viewers. On an average we receive 1000 telephone calls in a day not only within India but also from countries like Tanzania, Kuwait and other West Asian countries. In addition to the phone calls we also receive hundreds of e-mails and Smss. We treat all these calls and e-mails with utmost sensitivity and try to help the victims as much as we can."
Recent initiatives taken by Sansani • Sansani recently disclosed a mysterious temple in Faridabad where SIX children left there house a year back to establish themselves in the temple. Lot of persuasion from the family members did not change their decision to come back however when Sansani's team intervened they managed to get two children back home.
• Rampal the victim of human trafficking was trapped in Kuwait past 6 months. He knocked on the doors of Sansani through the help line number and pleaded for help. Sansani team responded by organizing a persistent campaign against the perpetrators who were playing with lives of unemployed youths and forced them to relieve Rampal who is now a free man and is back in India. Rampal is one among many people who was rescued by the Sansani team other cases that the team has already solved are individuals who were trapped in Belgium and Egypt.
• Another case that evoked a lot of response not only among people but also in the media was that of Ranchi Inspector General of Police (IG) PS Natrajan, who instead of helping the victim was in fact exploiting her sexually. The team exposed him with the help of the victim through a hidden camera.
• Sansani in its pursuit to make the society more liveable launched different campaigns against lawbreakers. Be it Tantriks, corrupt officials, thugs, or human traffickers, the team has always tried to prevent crimes or at least make the culprits nabbed by the police. Sansani's persistent campaign against self-acclaimed healers provided a lot of reprieve to hundreds of victims Noted among these tantriks was Jabbar Singh from Pali, Rajasthan, who used to convene his own durbar. It was Sansani's campaign against him that led to the registration of case against him by the police. "Sansani has exposed more than 125 tantriks till date and the amount of response received from the society regarding tantrik expose has forced led other TV channels to follow suit," says Ajit Anjum
• Sansani's campaign against corrupt government officials, have exposed 100 officials till date. These include executive engineers, police inspectors, managers, block development officers and other such corrupt government officials. Sansani did a sting operation in high security Nasik jail where most of the officials were caught while taking bribe.
• Sansani also did a sting operation against the corrupt Train Ticket Examiners in Delhi – Patna route of railways who were caught taking bribe on the job. This exercise left such a strong impact that TTE's are now scared.
• Sansani also exposed the infamous 'black dollar' net in the country where four Nigerians were caught through a hidden camera. This campaign has led to extra vigilance in Delhi Police that unearthed two more cases within few days of our campaign. The team has also exposed the gigolo's network in Delhi.
• Sansani also exposed flesh trade business in places like Patna and Thane, which were running in the name of massage parlours both at commercial & residential complexes. MR Anjum says, "Our campaign against so called massage parlours with our hidden cameras unearthed the sleaze behind the trade. It evoked immense response from the residents of the city who subsequently forced these parlours to shut down."
Copyright 2005 - 2009 Televisionpoint.com. All rights reserved. A Bhash Media Private Limited Company. This site is best viewed in Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher versions, at a resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels.