Kishore Sharma - Televisionpoint.com | Mumbai Zee News Ltd has launched an 24 hour news channel in Chhattisgarh called Zee 24 Ghante Chhattisgarh, which went on air on October 1. The channel officials claim that it is a one stop platform for reporting and covering issues related to the state and its people. The tagline for the channel is 'Sawal Aap Ka Hai' (It's a question about you).
Zee 24 Ghante Chhattisgarh is a franchisee offering of Zee News, and has been launched in association with SB Multimedia, a media company founded and promoted by the Goel Group of Companies, a prominent business house in the state. The channel is being run on a build-operate-transfer basis, with Zee News sharing its brand name and functional expertise with SB Multimedia.
KK Nayak is heading Zee 24 Ghante Chattisgarh as CEO. He had been associated with the pharma industry for 28 years before switching over to the media industry, where he had worked with Dainik Bhaskar as state head for Chattisgarh.
Sharad Sahu, sales and marketing head, Zee 24 Ghante Chhattisgarh, says, "Chhattisgarh makes great business opportunities because it has a large Hindi speaking population. We are positioning ourselves as a biggest support system for the state partnering it in its growth."
In terms of news coverage, 70 per cent of on-air programming will be focused on the state of Chhattisgarh and the remaining 30 per cent will cover news of national and international importance, along with sports and entertainment, Sahu says.
The different programmes on offer are Desh Hamara, Khabar Chhattisgarh, City 36 and Nau Ki Baat. With an eye on the assembly elections which begin on November 14, the channel has come up with election specific programming called Singhasan Chhatisi.
A campaign created by Bates 141 was used to announce the launch of the news channel. The advertising message revolved around the sentiment, 'Sawal Aap Ka Hai', where smart tagline's were used to reach out to the audiences. The communication aims to become the voice of the people of Chhattisgarh by highlighting the issues faced by the state, which are given little importance by national media.
Headlines such as 'Sawal Chhattisgarh Se Judne Ka Hai - Sawal Aap Ka Hai', 'Sawal Meri Unnati Ka Hai' and 'Sawal Aap Ke Bhavishya Ka Hai' screamed for attention from 50 hoardings spread out across the state. Print advertisements were carried out in four newspapers - Dainik Bhaskar, Nai Duniya, Nav Bharat and Hari Bhoomi.
In May this year, Zee News had forayed into consulting business through its division News Consultancy Services Division (NCSD). The consultancy and franchisee agreement with regional news organisations allows Zee News to grow its presence and revenues. The will also launch a regional channel in Uttar Pradesh soon.
Copyright 2005 - 2009 Televisionpoint.com. All rights reserved. A Bhash Media Private Limited Company. This site is best viewed in Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher versions, at a resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels.